The Counterfear Toolbox
"We have the tools, and we have the talent!" - Winston Zeddemore, in the movie Ghostbusters
The quote is true: we do have the tools. And I know you have the talent. One of the primary missions of Counterfear LLC is to provide tools and resources for you, your friends, your family, or your organization to use to counter fear. That's what this here is about.
The Counterfear Toolbox is built to cover any array of counterfear needs. You might just need a quick song, or a quote, or an idea. Pop in here for a minute, or dive in for some counterfear immersion therapy. Some of the tools are meant for a moment - to help calm or counter a mood, or to process or shift some emotion. Some of the tools are provided to help with working through fear, perhaps on a deeper or longer term level. Some are for use every day. You can find what resonates with what you need, and there may be different things for different parts of your life. Some tools work better for individuals, and some work well for both people and organizations.
This Toolbox is free. Take what’s useful. Add your own tools, and tools you borrow from others, as they work for you. A good toolbox is adapted for the project work that is needed, and only you know what that is.
Here's how it works. There are several parts to The Counterfear Toolbox, accessible either by left-side menu navigation or through a mobile device browser expandable menu available at the top of the page.
You can also find the tool you need here:
- Counterfear Anchor Points: These blog posts and resources are the foundation of the counterfear idea.
- Counterfear Resources:** The full Counterfear Resources collection of links and notes on books, music, videos, information, articles, and inspiration. Search by topic using tag buttons to navigate.
- Live Twitter Feed: Real-time Tweets are posted regularly with all kinds of thoughts, articles, inspiration, and additional counterfear tools. Check out the counterfear.com live Twitter feed, or go to @CounterfearZone on Twitter.
- Book Tools: A list with all of the Counterfear book blurbs and links.
- Musical Tools: A list with all of the Counterfear resources with the tag "music." Useful for shifting a mood, finding inspiration, getting grounded, or discovering something that resonates.
- Video Tools: A list with all of the Counterfear resources with the tag "video." Everything from science to inspiration to research to storytelling.
- Counterfear Services: The array of Counterfear Services offered to provide additional consulting tools, coaching, workshops, speaking engagements, and on-site work.
- Calendar of Events:** A series of Counterfear Workshops and networking events will be offered around the Midwestern US, to be announced in June 2016.
- The Counterfear Blog:** The full Counterfear Blog can be searched by topic using tag buttons to navigate.
This is a toolbox, and like with many construction projects, we'll keep adding to it. The basics will be in place in mid-2016, and then we'll expand. Links are not endorsements. If you've got ideas to contribute, please Contact Us.
** The Counterfear Toolbox contains a mix of information, presented in various ways to make it easily accessible. This website makes use of searchable tag topics through a Content Management System (CMS) with additional upgrades. There are a few dynamic CMS functional pages that are searchable using tag topic buttons, including the Resource Tools, The Counterfear Blog, and the Calendar of Events.
Other standard pages will be built that target a specific topic tag or tags, such as the "Book Tools" page above, or a subject such as "Resilience" (coming soon). The standard pages are dynamic in that all of the latest material under each tag topic will be included when the page is loaded or refreshed.