Doing Good In The World
Shift the Country!
"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." - Margaret Mead
The Shift the Country PAC is a PAC for service; to catalyze civic engagement. We're growing it from right here.
!!! ALERT: We are hosting a series of calls to help take action to counter coronavirus, and to create Community Coronavirus Coalitions. Register for all Shift the Country (including coronavirus) calls & events on Eventbrite. !!!
We can Shift the Country to help the left win the US Senate, to win the White House, and to hold the US House in 2020. We're building on connection and community to make shift happen. And as of March 2020, we have shifted all of our community engagement efforts to help with the emerging COVID-19 national public health emergency. We are uniquely suited to help with civic engagement at scale, so we're going to do it.
Here To Help
Outside of the movement-growing mentioned above, counterfear.com site is for people and organizations. The mission here is to help people who want to do some good in the world. We help you. You do good. More good happens. Hopefully it spreads and amplifies, as we grow more good stuff. That's the agenda.
The world is not going to get simpler. We have a growing world population living in high-hazard zones, on a finite planet. The US is in a challenging moment. The world as a whole is going to get more complex. It does by the minute. We've got wicked problems; deep challenges. We'll have more disruption.
This site is called "counterfear" because we can face that stuff, and find a way through it anyway. We can make good happen. We can even thrive. It can be done. I totally swear it can.
Every one of us can contribute in our own way. Always. Anytime.
Every little thing we do in the world that does good reverberates. We cause a shift - with even the tiniest of actions.
This site is here to help you find what you can do. To figure out your path. To find a way forward. To build resilience. To navigate disruption. To do some good. To get anchored, so you can do some good. To amplify good. To be the change.
This is about having dreams of any size - and making them happen.
How This Works
"Have faith, but tie up your camel." - Arab Proverb
This awesome quote is really the guts of the whole operation here. It's actually how this works.
Have faith - it's profound. But cover your bases. Get ready for the stuff. Mitigate risk. You get the idea.
Here's a similar take, from The Incredibles movie: "Luck favors the prepared." - Edna Mode, or "E."
Here's more perspective: "I don't care what you believe, just believe it!" - Shepherd Book, in the movie Serenity.
The principles here, in general:
- We look risk square in the face. Accept it. Anticipate it. Figure out ways to mitigate it.
- Think critically and problem-solve.
- Find a way forward.
- Plan actions.
- Do the things.
- Use tools to help us anticipate disruption, and then navigate disruption when it happens. Create disruption when we need to.
- Have tough conversations about things that matter. Connect to people and build community.
- Get resilient. Build resilient lives, families, organizations, and communities.
- Update the plan. Do more things.
- Iterate. Evolve.
- Keep it going. Be the change. Advocate & amplify. Get it done.
- And call if you need help. This is what we do.
What We Do
Counterfear.com is a service - set up to help YOU. It’s tools, resources, and connection. If you're looking for ways forward in this world, this can help.
There's a whole lot of FREE STUFF here – with more coming:
- Coaching: Working with a coach can help you counter fear and navigate disruption. Inclusive pricing makes coaching available to people – and organizations – who may not normally consider it. We can move this world forward – and we can do it together.
- Consulting: Consulting services are available for business, organizations, and communities.
- 25 Focus Areas: These serve as a free framework for countering fear and navigating disruption. Each has its own page with resources and tools. The Focus Areas are a framework to help you with this process on your own, or to help us navigate this process together through coaching or other work.
- Counterfear Tools as Blog Posts: Each free tool helps with some specific thing, or with a number of things as relevant to the blog post. Many more of these to come – the blog is constantly expanding.
- The Blog: A blog with posts covering all sorts of relevant topics, including current major disruptions such as disasters and also stuff for everyday life.
- Resource Collection: Links to free resources for all of the Focus Areas as well as other topics related to navigating disruption. These are sortable by topic, and they include everything from books to music to resilience to the inspirational.
- The Toolbox: A free collection of ALL of the tools and resources listed above, available for anyone to use, anytime.
- Social Media: Counterfear is on Facebook, Twitter, and Medium… where more resources, links, and conversation happen as the world unfolds, sometimes in real time.
Coaching is offered at inclusive pricing rates. The goal here is to do good in the world, and to help each other do good. Give us a shout to check into availability. You may be interested in scheduling a free consultation, so we can see if it's a good fit all around.
- Navigating Disruption
- Spiritual Wayfinding
- Holding the Line
- Building Economic & Community Resilience
- Emergencies, Disasters, Resilience, Continuity
- Political Change
- Navigating the Resistance.
Counterfear.com is owned by Wicked Problem Wayfinding, LLC, a coaching and consulting organization.
The time is now.