"We did not come to fear the future. We came here to shape it." - President Barack Obama
We're here to see risk, provide or help find tools to address it, and to help navigate disruption - pandemic or otherwise. We provide tools, resources, and services for people and organizations to be resilient, to make change, and to counter fear. We get there by anchoring, strengthening, facing our fear, growing vision, building connection, and taking action.
Counterfear.com helped to launch a new nonprofit called Shift the Country. In 2022 that organization moved to a new Shift the Country website. It's about fostering civic engagement at scale to help make shift happen in this unprecedented disruption + transformation.
Overall, the goal on this Counterfear.com site is to help people and organizations help each other through this time of disruption and transformation, to help hold society together while we're doing it, to get voters engaged in all that, and to make transformation along the way... so that we can thrive and flourish on the other side.
There's plenty to do in a massive global catastrophe, but it's overwhelming, too. We've been getting ready for something like this for a lifetime (more on the transformation and knowing a catastrophe would be bad), and we can help you chart and evolve your own path forward. To find what resonates. There's transformation to be had here - in all of the realms, sectors, and corners of the world; it's going to take some doing to make it happen. We can help.
Counterfear.com and the new Shift the Country website are geared for the US, although the principles and concepts can work anywhere. Our work is funded through contributions and some consulting and coaching clients; links are below to help out or join in.
- Counterfear.com is jointly operated, and our work is anchored in service.
- Shift the Country is an initiative calling for Americans to get engaged with everything. It is a civic engagement push to make shift happen, & to spread it like a virus with a 5-part strategy.
- Wicked Problem Wayfinding, LLC (dba Counterfear LLC) is a business with a mission to do social good, through coaching & consulting services, with inclusive pricing - here to help you and your organizations.
- 25 Focus Areas - for deeper dives into countering fear and making shift happen.
- The Toolbox - tools and resources to get it done.
- The Blog - tools, tough truth, and perspective.
- Core Resources, Ideas, & Tools - our own anchor points and foundation stuff.
- Events on Shift the Country FB Page - solidarity, support, online workshops, & whatever we all come up with to help us find our way through.
Where Did This Come From?
- What counterfear is: “Launching an Idea: What is Counterfear?"
- The journey - counterfear version: “I Took the Red Pill: Why I’m on the Counterfear Path.”
- More to the story: Back Stories: This Disruption Was Not Unexpected. Includes the deeper motivations here in the 2016 take on "Why" in a pre-COVID-19 world, a piece called The Great Transformation on the time that's now in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, a piece on knowing a US catastrophe would be bad.
- Finally, this piece is unique to the very specialized background that brought this site and this work together. This summary of the US disaster response landscape is not written elsewhere: There Is No National Coordination System - There Are 12.
Who We Are & Where We're At Online
- Help fund Shift the Country on the new website!
- Help fund Shift the Country on Patreon!
- Get a free or paid Substack Subscription!
- Events: Shift the Country events on website.
- Facebook: Shift the Country Page.
- Facebook: Counterfear Page.
- Facebook: Vanessa Burnett (founder).
- Twitter: @ShiftTheCountry.
- Twitter: @CounterfearZone.
- Twitter: @DerechoSquared (founder).
- YouTube: Shift the Country.
- In 2022 we are plannning an online community on FB or Discord to help navigate this disruption / transformation. Should be super cool... text chats + lounge + voice + video + events + planned hangouts to help us make shift happen. Ties to Shift the Country.
- Medium: Counterfear (inactive; re-posts from The Blog).
- Founder background: LinkedIn public profile.
- Founder background: Founder Experience / Bio.
- Founder background: "About the Founder" blog post.
- Founder background: "Random Life Tidbits" blog post.
|| Shift the Country || I'm In! Sign Me Up || FB || Twitter || YouTube || Services || The Blog || 25 Focus Areas For Navigating Disruption ||