"We did not come to fear the future. We came here to shape it." - President Barack Obama, September 9, 2009
We're here to see risk, provide or help find tools to address it, and to help navigate disruption - pandemic or otherwise.
We provide tools, resources, and services for people and organizations to be resilient, to make change, and to counter fear. We get there by anchoring, strengthening, facing our fear, growing vision, building connection, and taking action.
We want to help people and organizations get through this long-term COVID-19 crisis, and to help hold society together while we're doing it. We want to help people do some good in the middle, and to help us transform along the way so that we can thrive and flourish on the other side. There's plenty to do in a massive global catastrophe, but it's overwhelming, too. We've been getting ready for something like this for a lifetime (more on the transformation and knowing a catastrophe would be bad), and we can help you chart and evolve your own path forward. To find what resonates. There's transformation to be had here - in all of the realms, sectors, and corners of the world; it's going to take some doing to make it happen. We can help.
The counterfear website and content is geared for the structure of the US; the principles and concepts can work anywhere. Our work is funded by clients and through contributions; links are below to help out or join in.
Our work is anchored in service:
- Coaching & consulting services, with inclusive pricing - here to help you and your organizations; plus this is how we fund all the other stuff here.
- Shift the Country - civic engagement to make shift happen, & to spread it like a virus
- 25 Focus Areas - for deeper dives into countering fear and making shift happen
- The Toolbox - tools and resources to get it done
- The Blog - tools, tough truth, and perspective
- Core Resources, Ideas, & Tools - our own anchor points and foundation stuff
- Events - conference calls & online workshops to help us find our way through.
- This is a business with a mission to do social good. Counterfear.com is owned and operated by Counterfear, LLC. Wicked Problem Wayfinding, LLC is doing business as (dba) Counterfear LLC.
Where Did This Come From?
- What counterfear is: “Launching an Idea: What is Counterfear?"
- The journey - counterfear version: “I Took the Red Pill: Why I’m on the Counterfear Path.”
- The journey - deeper motivations: "Why" (2016 take; pre-coronavirus), The Great Transformation (the time that's now; in the COVID-19 pandemic), knowing a US catastrophe would be bad (creating the space; coronavirus version), and There Is No National Coordination System - There Are 12.
Who We Are & Where We're At Online
- We are so growing an online community on Discord to help navigate this disruption / transformation. Should be super cool... text chats + lounge + voice + video + events + planned hangouts to help us make shift happen. Ties to Shift the Country civic engagement work, plus the core stuff here for the moment - connection, community, problem-solving, resilience. Coming ASAP.
- Help fund the work: One-time Paypal contributions (link coming soon).
- Help fund the work: Patreon membership for Counterfear (coming soon).
- Help fund the work: GoFundMe for Shift the Country (coming soon).
- Help fund the work: Fundly for Shift the Country (coming soon).
- Eventbrite: Shift the Country.
- Facebook: Counterfear Page.
- Facebook: Shift the Country Page.
- Facebook: Vanessa Burnett (founder).
- Twitter: @CounterfearZone.
- Twitter: @ShiftTheCountry.
- Twitter: @DerechoSquared (founder).
- Medium: Counterfear (inactive; re-posts from The Blog).
- Founder background: LinkedIn public profile.
- Founder background: Founder Experience / Bio.
- Founder background: "About the Founder" blog post.
- Founder background: "Random Life Tidbits" blog post.
- Email: email@example.com.
- Get in touch: Contact Us.