"We did not come to fear the future. We came here to shape it." - President Barack Obama, September 9, 2009
We're here to see risk, provide or help find tools to address it, and to help navigate disruption - pandemic or otherwise.
We provide tools, resources, and services for people and organizations to be resilient, to make change, and to counter fear. We get there by anchoring, strengthening, facing our fear, growing vision, building connection, and taking action.
Overall, the goal on this site is to help people and organizations help each other through this long-term COVID-19 crisis, to help hold society together while we're doing it, to get voters engaged in all that, and to make transformation along the way... so that we can thrive and flourish on the other side. Alert readers may note that that's the same mission as the one in the Shift the Country - White Paper.
There's plenty to do in a massive global catastrophe, but it's overwhelming, too. We've been getting ready for something like this for a lifetime (more on the transformation and knowing a catastrophe would be bad), and we can help you chart and evolve your own path forward. To find what resonates. There's transformation to be had here - in all of the realms, sectors, and corners of the world; it's going to take some doing to make it happen. We can help.
The counterfear website and content is geared for the US; the principles and concepts can work anywhere. Our work is funded through contributions and some consulting and coaching clients; links are below to help out or join in.
Our work is anchored in service:
- Counterfear.com is jointly operated.
- Shift the Country is civic engagement to make shift happen, & to spread it like a virus with a 5-part strategy. Shift the Country is a 501(c)(4) nonprofit social good organization. White paper here with more.
- Wicked Problem Wayfinding, LLC (dba Counterfear LLC) is a business with a mission to do social good, through coaching & consulting services, with inclusive pricing - here to help you and your organizations. Plus this is part of how we fund the other stuff here.
- 25 Focus Areas - for deeper dives into countering fear and making shift happen.
- The Toolbox - tools and resources to get it done.
- The Blog - tools, tough truth, and perspective.
- Core Resources, Ideas, & Tools - our own anchor points and foundation stuff.
- Events - conference calls & online workshops to help us find our way through.
Where Did This Come From?
- What counterfear is: “Launching an Idea: What is Counterfear?"
- The journey - counterfear version: “I Took the Red Pill: Why I’m on the Counterfear Path.”
- The journey - deeper motivations: "Why" (2016 take; pre-coronavirus), The Great Transformation (the time that's now; in the COVID-19 pandemic), knowing a US catastrophe would be bad (creating the space; coronavirus version), and There Is No National Coordination System - There Are 12.
Who We Are & Where We're At Online
- Help fund the work: Interim Making Shift Happen Fundraiser on Facebook (until we get an IRS number).
- Help fund the work: GoFundMe for Shift the Country (coming soon).
- Help fund the work: Shift the Country on Patreon (coming soon, with Discord).
- Facebook: Shift the Country Page.
- Facebook: Counterfear Page.
- Facebook: Vanessa Burnett (founder).
- Twitter: @ShiftTheCountry.
- Twitter: @CounterfearZone.
- Twitter: @DerechoSquared (founder).
- YouTube: (coming soon).
- We are so growing an online community on Discord to help navigate this disruption / transformation. Should be super cool... text chats + lounge + voice + video + events + planned hangouts to help us make shift happen. Ties to Shift the Country civic engagement work, plus the core stuff here for the moment - connection, community, problem-solving, resilience. Coming ASAP.
- Eventbrite: Shift the Country (inactive).
- Medium: Counterfear (inactive; re-posts from The Blog).
- Founder background: LinkedIn public profile.
- Founder background: Founder Experience / Bio.
- Founder background: "About the Founder" blog post.
- Founder background: "Random Life Tidbits" blog post.
- Email: team at shiftthecountry dot com
- Get in touch: Contact Us.