"We did not come to fear the future. We came here to shape it." - President Barack Obama, September 9, 2009
The mission here is to provide tools, resources, and services for people and organizations to be resilient, to make change, and to counter fear. We can navigate disruption in the world we experience, we can create it when we need it, and we can amplify disruption when it's time for that. We get there by anchoring, strengthening, facing our fear, growing vision, building connection, and taking action.
The goal here is to help people and organizations thrive, evolve, and flourish. Find what resonates for you. Pass along what works. Come back later and try something else. Contact Us if you have questions or ideas.
UPDATE: And now we're Shifting the Country here too. It's really much the same work - but like for the whole U.S., and specifically tied to the 2020 election.
!!! ALERT: We are hosting a series of calls to help take action to counter coronavirus, and to create Community Coronavirus Coalitions. Register for all Shift the Country calls to counter coronavirus on Eventbrite.
Services & Tools
This site is meant for service. Check out the array of resources & tools that anchor the site:
- Shift the Country - we're growing a movement
- Events - online conference calls & workshops
- The 25 Focus Areas
- The Toolbox: all of the tools and resources in one spot
- The Blog: tools, perspective, inspiration, & thoughts
- Core Resources, Ideas, & Tools.
- Coaching and consulting services, with Inclusive Pricing for individual coaching
- Counterfear - Facebook Page
- Shift the Country - Facebook Page
- Twitter: @CounterfearZone
- Twitter: @ShiftTheCountry
- Counterfear LinkedIn Page (inactive)
- Medium Page (minimal re-posts from The Blog)
A bit about how all of this came about:
- An intro piece with a bit more on what counterfear is: “Launching an Idea: What is Counterfear?"
- A story on the journey: “I Took the Red Pill: Why I’m on the Counterfear Path.”
- Some of the deeper motivation for this work: "Why"
About the Founder
- Public LinkedIn profile
- Founder Experience
- "About the Founder" blog post
- "Random Life Tidbits" blog post