"We have the tools, and we have the talent!" - Winston Zeddemore, in the movie Ghostbusters
The quote is true: we do have the tools; we definitely have the talent. One of the primary missions of counterfear.com is to provide tools and resources for you, your friends, your family, or your organization to use to counter fear.
On the ubiquitous COVID-19 pandemic now affecting everything:
This whole website was developed in anticipation of a great disruption or transformation, with the perspective that the US would not be ready for a catastrophe, and that there is no national coordination system - there are 12.
As such, our core recommendations for navigating the COVID-19 pandemic are community, connection, problem-solving, and resilience. Check out those tags in the tools/resources/posts on the site. The 25 Focus Areas were developed to help with navigating large-scale disruption. We do coaching and consulting in these areas, too, with years of experience and preparation for exactly this kind of moment.
Toolbox tools include resources, posts, links, and notes (several "compartments" of The Toolbox are accessible either by left-side menu navigation or through a mobile device browser expandable menu available at the top of the page):
- Tools to Shift the Country: Coming soon - a growing set of tools for civic engagement in the time of coronavirus to help stabilize this country, protect its institutions, and help people help each other, and make transformation as we find our way through together.
- Core Resources, Ideas, & Tools: Blog posts and resources that are the core parts of the counterfear idea.
- * Resource Collection: Dynamic page with the full set of resources on books, music, videos, information, articles, and inspiration. Sortable by tag topic.
- Counterfear Tools (in Blog): Blog posts written specifically as tools to counter fear.
- Books: Counterfear book resources.
- Music: Counterfear music resources.
- Video, Movies, & TV: Counterfear video, movie, and TV resources.
Most everything on the Counterfear.com website is a tool of some sort:
- Services: The array of services offered to provide consulting, coaching, workshops, speaking engagements, and on-site work.
- Focus Areas: The 25 focus areas of the counterfear work.
- * The Blog: Dynamic page with blog posts sortable by tag topic, and also alphabetically or chronologically.
- Live Twitter Feed: Real-time Tweets are posted regularly with all kinds of thoughts, articles, inspiration, and additional counterfear resources, inspiration, perspective, or relevant news. You can also go to @CounterfearZone or @ShiftTheCountry on Twitter.
- * Calendar of Events: Dynamic page with occasional workshops and connection events.
This Toolbox is free. Add your own tools, and tools you borrow from others, as they work for you. Use what resonates. A good toolbox is set up for the work that typically needs to get done, and only you know what that is.
This is a toolbox. Like with many construction projects - it will evolve. The basic tools are in place, and more will be added over time. Links are not endorsements. If you've got ideas for more, please Contact Us.
You might just need a quick song, or a quote, or an idea. Pop in here for a minute, or dive in to go deeper. Some of the tools are meant for a moment - to help calm or counter a mood, or to process or shift some emotion. Some of the tools are provided to help with working through fear, perhaps on a deeper or longer term level. Some are for use every day. You can find what resonates with what you need, and there may be different things for different parts of your life. Some tools work better for individuals, and some work well for both people and organizations.
* The Counterfear.com website makes use of sortable tag topics through a Content Management System (CMS), with additional tweaks. Three dynamic CMS functional pages are searchable using tag topic buttons: the Resource Collection, The Blog, and Events.
All Counterfear.com website pages are dynamic, as each page loads the resources, blog posts, or events that match the tags on that page. As an example, the Core Resources, Ideas, & Tools page shows all of the blog posts and resources with that page's tag.