Support the Shift: Help Grow A Movement
We intend to win the heart of rural America and #ShiftTheCountry. Our mission is to help get electoral college votes to win the White House, to hold the US House, & to win the US Senate. This page is about how you - and hopefully many many many people you know - can support the shift.
The best summary of this work is here, "Growing Something Like A Phenomenon," as a 2-pg PDF handout or a blog post. The methodology is a combination of engagement, persuasion, & amplification, combined with distributed organizing.
- $$ Contribute online via ActBlue!
- $$ Mail a check! Send checks to: Shift the Country PAC, PO Box 1093, Ames, IA 50014
- We are grateful for one-time or recurring donations. Every gift helps grow the work.
- Here are Funding Specifics To Get Shift Started. More $$ = more impact… yet we don’t need millions. For the first six months, operating expenses are estimated at a reasonable $25,000 per month to be fully effective & operational.
- Per the FEC, "Political committees that make only independent expenditures (Super PACs) may solicit and accept unlimited contributions from individuals, corporations, labor organizations and other political committees. They may not accept contributions from foreign nationals, federal contractors, national banks or federally chartered corporations." The Shift the Country PAC is a federal Super PAC working on the 2020 election. Not authorized by any party, candidate, or candidate's committee. More specifics in the base of this summary - in 2-pg PDF handout or as a blog post.
- Sign up for the movement - join the team. It's not a newsletter. It's a starting point for getting involved in the work of the movement.
- Sign up for a workshop to learn more. More workshops are coming in winter 2019-2020.
- Follow us on Facebook or Twitter at @ShiftTheCountry & share our posts!
- BUT WAIT! THERE's MORE!
- Check out the Proposal to Shift the Country for more on amplifying & creating tipping points.
- Connect us with your people: Anything you can share about Shifting the Country can help get the word out. Let folks know about the movement, how to get involved, our workshops, and what we're planning to do.
- Share stuff in groups & communities for wider reach!
- Talk to those who may be willing to support us financially or otherwise & let them know how they can help. Easiest starting reference is the website: www.ShiftTheCountry.com.
- Get democratic side organizations & media involved, excited, & sharing the work!
- "Boundary spanners" are amplifiers that help movements reach tipping points - & are key to growing this movement. Check out more about how tipping points work here. If you know a boundary spanner type of person, let them know what we're doing, & ask them to engage &/or pass it along.
- Check out the Proposal to Shift the Country, which reads like a thesis. A few ideas for tools are called out in the text & give a sense for what's in the rest of the tools that are not yet published.
- Tools to Shift the Country are in development now & are how we do the work. Tools will be posted as funding allows.
- Once tools are posted (not yet), check out the tools page to see if anything resoates that you or your organization can start doing now - where you are.
- Paying clients help make the work here possible.
- $$ Hire us to help your organization to make an impact for the 2020 election.
- $$ Hire us to help you make a difference - to be more focused, more effective, more grounded, or whatever you need to help you Shift the Country or to otherwise to good in the world. There's inclusive pricing too to help make coaching available to everyone.
- Check out our other services here. We're here to make a difference.
I'm In! Sign Me Up
Tools to Shift the Country
Events to Shift the Country
Proposal to Shift the Country
Shift the Country
This page includes a fundraising solicitation for the Shift the Country PAC, a federal Super PAC working on the 2020 election and based in rural America. Not authorized by any party, candidate, or candidate’s committee.