Proposal to Shift the Country
A Strategy to Win the US Senate & Electoral College in 2020
The Proposal to Shift the Country: A Strategy to Win the US Senate & Electoral College in 2020 was completed April 24, 2019, and pitched to several organizations over two months. This website page was built June 15, 2019; this publication is the first public release of sections of the Proposal to Shift the Country.
More than half of the 208-page Proposal to Shift the Country is published here. Published sections are posted in both mobile-friendly blog post formats and as PDFs.
Sections marked with a (*) need further consideration or development prior to public release, or will be further developed as tools and resources to help us grow this movement to Shift the Country. There are 71 pages of tools outlined in the proposal that are not published yet; development and release of the tools is tied to the success of the fundraising. These tools will be the heart and soul of the work, and a key to how we can foster and create tipping points in the places where we live.
Support to Shift the Country will help with development, posting, sharing, and amplifying of the tools. The goal is to have tools in usable formats out and available for people to start using in the communities where they live in the winter of 2019-2020. Publishing part of this work puts a stake in the ground, and helps us build a foundation to work from.
The "Proposal to Shift the Country" Document
Proposal to Shift the Country, © Copyright Vanessa R. Burnett and Wicked Problem Wayfinding, LLC, April 2019. All rights reserved. Adoption, distribution, & use with permission only.
Available proposal sections are linked at the base of the page as mobile-readable blog posts. PDFs are listed here for the same sections:
- Section 00 - Contents & Introduction
- PART 1 - ANALYSIS:
- Section 01 - Situation & Risk
- Section 02 - The People
- Section 03 - Analysis Overview: Potential for Shift
- Section 04 - Tipping Points: Creating A Phenomenon
- Section 05 - E Pluribus Unum: Community & Humanity
- Section 06 - Partnership, Collaboration, & Leverage
- Section 07 - The Power of Empathy, Connection, & Conversation
- Section 08 - Values & Framing
- Section 09 - Language
- Section 10 - Overton Window & The Public Agenda
- Section 11 - Bias
- Section 12 - Resentment
- Section 13 - The Social Contract, Institutions, Federalism, & Government
- Section 14 - Resilience, Economy, Innovation, Energy, & Infrastructure
- PART 2 - THE WORK:
- Section 15 - A Focus on Towns, Cities, Tribes, & States
- Section 16 - (publishing later) *
- Section 17 - Amplifying to Shift the Country
- Section 18 - Media Literacy & Shared Truth *
- Section 19 - Operational Security (OP-SEC)
- Section 20 - Financial & Legal *
- Section 21 - Live It To Give It
- Section 22 - Project Management & Implementation *
- Section 23 - THE TOOLBOX: Actions, Activities, Aids, Amplifiers, Communication, Community, Conversation, Guides, Groups, Initiatives, Language, Resilience, & Planning (71 pages) *
- REFERENCES & BACKGROUND (26 pgs)
~~ Each section above is also available in a more mobile-friendly blog post .html format in the links below. ~~
How Can I Support the Shift?
I'm In! Sign Me Up
Tools to Shift the Country
Events to Shift the Country
Shift the Country
This page is fundraising for the Shift the Country PAC, a federal Super PAC working to help win rural America in the 2020 election. Not authorized by any party, candidate, or candidate’s committee.